Become a new member Upgrade Membership

Supporting families with a craniofacial condition in the UK and overseas


Some children with more complex craniofacial conditions may need or benefit from extra educational support to encourage their development and learning. Here we provide some general and practical information about how to access the care and support your child should be entitled to. This is not an exhaustive list so please do use the links given throughout to find out more and speak to your Local Authority.

It is a big concern that some Local Authorities are not as good as others at providing support to children with special needs.  It can be a post-code lottery.  If you are struggling to obtain the support your child needs, our best advice is to be persistent in your efforts, use the support groups available and try the Headlines forum to find others in your area who have been through the same process and may be able to help.

The information provided here relates primarily to the English system.  Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are governed by different systems which offer much of the same through other various local bodies. Unfortunately where you live can affect the level of provision as happens in England. If you do not live in England we recommend that you contact your Local Authority to obtain further information on what is available to you.